chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

My 1230 will only sew in reverse or in place (the thread

Customer Question

My 1230 will only sew in reverse or in place (the thread security mode). I must confess that I have not sewed on it for a long time, and mistakenly hit the thread security arrow several times, thinking it was the reverse sewing button. Did I mess it up? What can I do?
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, If you pull the bottom off the machine (half a dozen screws) there is a cam on the main drive shaft. The cam is probably jammed in the reverse position due to lack of lubrication on the shaft. You can move the cam back manually and it will operate in forward direction. It appears that the shaft needs lubrication.

You can also use hair blower to melt the old lubricant and re-lubricate it using sewing machine oil or aerosol. Please do not use wd40.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT:
RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester