Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

My aunt has a Star floor safe serial #420008 and we do not

Customer Question

My aunt has a Star floor safe serial #420008 and we do not have the combination. She has Alzheimer's and we are placing her in a memory care facility and cleaning out her belongings in her home. What do I need to do to be able to get the combination
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist with your Safes question today. I'm sorry to hear that your aunt has Alzheimer's.
The Star Safe company was bought out by American Security, so you would need to contact AMSEC to request the combination for your aunt's safe. The way they do it, to verify safe ownership is, first you will need to contact a locksmith that is registered with AMSEC to verify ownership. Please see this website:
http://www.amsecusa.com/faq/ive-lost-combination/
I've clicked on 'Find a Dealer' from the tabs up above, and you will need to fill in your location, then contact the dealer/locksmith:
http://www.amsecusa.com/find-a-dealer/
Here is their contact information, if you would like to speak with a Customer Service representative:
American Security
1-***-***-****
www.amsecusa.com
------------------------------
I hope this information was helpful, and you are able to get your aunt's safe open.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you. If you have any related questions, just click 'reply.'
Warmest regards,
Cher