LoriHR
LoriHR, Professional With Advanced Degree
Experience:  Teacher, Editor, Tutor, MAEd, Writer, Research Pro
24745391
Type Your Question Here...

Are there any experts in basketball on this site?

Customer Question

Category: General
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Willing to pay $25 or so for your help with some text on basketball.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do need this. Are you a basketball expert?

Can you provide the specifics of the information that you are seeking to ensure I have the background/resources necessary for your particular need?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Pardon me for not providing more details earlier. I'm not that familiar with the site.I am translating a novel from Italian to English, and a number of scenes deal with the main character being on a basketball team in Italy. So the action takes place in Italy, but the book is for publication in the United States, so the terminology used should be what sounds natural to Americans. There's nothing technical in this material, but I know nothing about the game, and I don't want to make any embarrassing mistakes, e.g., "Michael Jordan is a star quarterback for the Phillies." :) You know, when it's about free throws or point guards, does it make sense in the context?I have a Word file that is about 13 pages long, although it may not be as much material as you might expect from that. I need someone knowledgeable about basketball to look the document over, make corrections and comments as needed, and return it to me, preferably in a week's time.I can't afford to pay much. I think I offered $25 in a comment above, but if you work with the document and find that it takes a lot of your time, I can try to pay more. Thank you, ***** ***** advise if you want me to upload the file!

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

I should be able to help you with this. I edited a sports blog, so I am fairly knowledgeable concerning sports terminology. Please upload the file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LoriHR, thank you for your offer of help! I am attaching my Word doc.This is a translation into English of a novel originally written in Italian. So, of course, the action takes place in Italy, but the audience will be American, so the terms should make sense to an American reader. Thanks for your advice/corrections/comments! (You only need to pay attention to the text highlighted in light blue. Any unhighlighted text is only there for context or to help me find the place in the book.)
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. :) I will work on this over the next week and have it finished as soon as I am able.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi LoriHR, Have you had a chance to look at this yet? If you don't think you can get to it any time soon, it will be okay. I was hoping to get input from multiple people, and I would still be happy to get yours, but I have already heard back from another person. Either way, thank you!
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Good evening! I've been able to get through part of it, but not all as yet. I can continue if you would like? :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please! Thank you.
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Sure thing. :)