Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I have a new and unique concept it bedding and would like to

Customer Question

I have a new and unique concept it bedding and would like to get into a Macy's store. Please can you help me?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Stores such as Macy's are always looking for the next great item to sell in their stores. As for ways to get your unique concept into their stores, some suggestions:

1. Start by contacting the Macy's reseller division. Managers in this department are responsible for designing contracts and negotiating on behalf of Macy's management.

2. Research the company by looking at contact names within buying department for bedding and start by an email and then follow-up with a phone call to speak to those that are looking for that next great product. Sites such as Hoovers for example will give you the names of the buyers to contact. Another site I would recommend is this free site as you just have to register and it will list the entire directory of buyers to contact from Macy's:

https://connect.data.com/directory/company/list/ph9kTncZ_3zfgABgMbNEiw/macy-s

Here is a recent article from The Guardian that has information offered from experts at Macy's on how to get your product into their stores:

http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/trade-mission/2015/mar/05/product-shelves-major-us-stores

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your information for Macy's was excellent would it be the same info for other major department stores Dillard's Pottery Barn etc.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely as any big box retailer would ask that you work first with the buyers for their bedding department. The site directory link I listed above is a great piece of information to use as it lists the buyers for companies such as Dillard's etc.... Check also with the company you are interested in and their website for contact information on buyers. Also databases such as Hoovers is very helpful. I would finally recommend checking with your local public library as they will have free company databases that list buyers for companies such as the ones you are looking at.

Best of luck with getting your product on their shelves!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You are more than welcome.

Librarian Michael