Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background
22285537
Type Your Question Here...

I'm the curator of a small museum; Beach Haven Public

Customer Question

My name is Anna ***. I'm the curator of a small museum; Beach Haven Public Library & Museum, in Beach Haven, NJ. The borough is having many activities this year as we are celebrating the 125th Incorporation of Beach Haven. We are trying to locate a photo of Robert *** *****. He owned & operated the Engelside Hotel after the death of his father, Robert *. ***. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Anna
Category: General
Expert:  Chris Miller replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anna,
I have searched the internet as I am sure you have, and there doesn't seem to be any photographs of Robert Fry Engle online. The Pintrest page of the Engelside Hotel has a photo of his father but none of him. You might contact his grandson, Robert Fry Engle III at Stern School of Business of NYU. His email address there is***@******.***. On a bio page ( http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2003/engle-bio.html), Prof. Engle mentions the Engelside Hotel and his grandfather. He also mentions having twin sisters, so it seems that there might be someone in the family who would have a photograph of Mr. Engle to share.
Another possible resource mentioned by Prof. Engle is the book 'Eighteen Miles of History', by ***** ***** Lloyd, that includes an account of the building and heyday of the Engelside Hotel.
Hope this helps!