Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I cannot unlock my samsonsite suitcase

Customer Question

I cannot unlock my samsonsite suitcase
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome. Are you sure of your original combination?Does it have the three 'wheels' for the combination?What is your suitcase model number?Does it have a TSA lock? Thanks,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I was hoping to hear right back from you with some additional information, but I can send my answer now, and then, if you have further questions, just click Reply. First, if your suitcase has a TSA lock, that may be stuck and you'll have to push in a tab to unlock it in order to allow you to open your suitcase. If no TSA lock and you may not be sure of your combination, try this, from Samsonite Consumer Relations:1. Position the luggage so that the numbers on the wheel areright-side-up as they face you and set all three wheels to "0′.2. Starting with the wheel on the left, to the right of the wheel,look into the narrow space between the right side of the wheel andthe body of the lock. Look down into the shaft. (If you have asafety pin, straight pin, or thin nail file, place that in thenarrow space.)3. While looking down into the shaft, rotate the wheel slowly. Youare looking for an indentation (a square notch). When you findthe indentation, stop and write the number down. (If you are usinga tool, the tool will fall into the indentation.)4. Follow the process for the remaining two wheels.5. Try to open the piece of luggage.6. If the luggage still will not open, please try the following:a) If the number on the wheel is over 5, subtract 5 from thenumber showing. For example, if the number showing is 8 turnthe wheel to 3 because 8-5=3.b) If the number is ***** 5, add 5 to the number showing. Forexample if the number showing is 2 turn the wheel to 7because 2+5=7. The numbers showing on the wheels will beyour combination.This can work, just remember the + 5 - 5 part if it does not work the first time.This is from: http://khellek.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-unlock-your-samsonite-luggage.html If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I will be glad to continue to help you further. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you. Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information. Warmest regards,Cher