chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

Presser Foot P" sign keeps coming up, and machine will not

Customer Question

"Presser Foot P" sign keeps coming up, and machine will not start.
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially,
open up the lamp cover and look at the top of the presser bar. There is a sensor that is easily adjusted. It has a small phillips screw that you need to loosen. Then move the black 'L' shaped piece either up or down a little (I can't remember which way) and re-tighten the screw, you may need to experiment. The 'L' shaped piece is a flag that goes between two sensors when the foot is raised and can be rotated left and right about 10 degrees.

If still, that sensor is possibly faulty and need to be replace by the authorized dealer.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to do as you suggested, but which is the Lamp cover? I have checked my manual, and do not know what the lamp cover is. I have a Janome 1100 Memory Craft Sewing/Embroidery machine, which is new to me. I updated from a 350E.

I opened the Face plate, and had a good look inside to try to follow the foot mechanism, and am not sure what to do. Help!!

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks,

when you open your face plate try to look at the presser foot bar mechanism inside then look at the sensor inside. Then refer to my answer above, skip the lamp cover. It supports most of Janome models.

If still, that sensor is possibly faulty and need to be replace by the authorized Janome dealer.

Hope this information will be helpful.