Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I Need Chinese Writing on Old painting Translated...

Customer Question

I Need Chinese Writing on Old painting Translated... The photos I took of the entire painting I cannot use because of the reflections over the glass.  It is a large old painting on silk, any translation on  the writing or red seal marks would be helpful.

Thank you!

Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

I am attempting to continue to work on this but what I am seeing right now as I run through my translation software is not really coming together as anything coherent.

Do you know the age of this document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for taking mu question. No, it is old, but I don't know it's exact age.

Okay, let me research this today and I will get back to you with what I am able to decipher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

I really wish I could help more but the types of translations I am getting do not make sense. Either it is a dialect of some sort or one that really is not used any longer. I will continue to seek out this translation but also going to open up for other experts in case someone can help as well.

I have spent several hours on this at this point and just not sure I am going to really be able to get your answer and so apologize for that (hate it when that happens).

All the best to you... again, I will get back if I can track this down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really appreciate your effort and your taking on a challenge! Thank you very much!

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Too bad this is not in Japanese i would be able to help better because i can't read Chinese, so i will do a translation based on automated tool (better than nothing). It look like an information notice (having more info on the context would help) from what i can make of it, so it would be something like: The Green Temple will be shut down for 5 month to barbarians (foreigners). This is incomplete but may give you an idea of what this is about.Perhaps that temple http://www.chinahighlights.com/xian/attraction/qinglong-temple.htmThere is also a mention about swine or hog, so it was perhaps a quarantine for an influenza outbreak at the temple or to protect the temple from one.