Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years in the field
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

I have a " the protector firesafe model 1190. Is there a

Customer Question

I have a " the protector firesafe model 1190. Is there a way to take off the wheels so I can bolt it to the floor>
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is. Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It's a blowtorch. That's really the only way you'll get them off but if you happen to have one or have access to one, it will only take a few minutes to do it. Obviously you will just want to start by getting the wheels out of the way if you can and then if this model has bolts holding the wheels on – but I don't think it does. You can just melt off the ends of those bolts, otherwise goal for the whole caster. Then what I would to you if you can as far as securing it to a floor, the safest way and most foolproof way would be to cut some metal blocks to use as feet for the safe and bore out a whole in the middle that's going to fit your hex head bolt all the way through and only the hex head through the very top part of that whole. What you will have when you're done are four or more blocks bolted to the floor with the hex head bolts countersunk. The next step would be to weld the safe onto those blocks. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you do that the safe will never be moved from that property. If this is overkill for your situation, you could scale back from there but really this is not a very difficult project and it's fantastic excuse for getting a blowtorch if you don't have one. They come in very handy.