Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My sons girlfriend moved out April 20th ish and left belongings

Customer Question

My sons girlfriend moved out April 20th ish and left belongings and her 2 cats. my son has asked her numerous times to please come get her things. my son was very hurt by this girl and needs to b able to move on without looking at all of her things all over in his room and bathroom!! she never paid rent nor is she on the lease! now once again my son asked her to come get her things or he is going to pack them up for her etc., she is threatening to call police saying he has to serve her with an eviction notice etc., please help. please for my son..
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Your son does not need to serve her with an eviction notice because she is not a Tenant. See Nevada revised Statutes Chapter 118A Section 118A.170. Also and more importantly, even if she were a Tenant, an eviction notice is moot when she has already moved out, but has abandoned her property. He can pack her things and put them in a storage and charge her the storage fees. See Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 118A Sections 118A.030, 118A.450, and 118A.460:

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-118A.html#NRS118ASec460