Nora, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA, USPAP & ISA Compliant through 2017
Type Your Question Here...

What is the value in an old plant stand made by Stickley?

Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you with your Stickley plant stand.

The value depends on the style and when it was made.

Would it be possible for you to send me photos? A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the maker label would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

You can email your images [email protected]

When you send your photos to that email address, please write “For Nora/Antiques” in the re: line and request that email be forwarded to me.

Please note, photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

A super easy method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page. The address I need will look like this example:

I look forward to seeing the images.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will send photos
Hi Nancy,

I received your images, thanks so much.

Your plant stand was made by the Stickley Brothers. They were in business in Grand Rapids, Michigan from 1891-1947. The “Quaint” line was started just prior to 1910 and then they began Colonial Revival.

You have a pedestaled fern holder or plant stand with the original liner. If there are no holes in the liner this can also double quite well as a wine cooler or champagne bucket on stand. You are correct, the wood is oak. The sides are caned and the legs are referred to as barley twist shape.

On today’s market this would sell for $350 - $575. The insurance or replacement value is $800.

Feel free if you have further questions about your Stickley Bros plant stand.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Hi Nancy~

Thank you for the positive rating.

Much Appreciated.