Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

This isnt a medical question, but I need advice on what kind

This isn't a medical question, but I need advice on what kind of mattress to buy. I have low back pain when I go to bed and when I get up. Fortunately I can get to sleep and the pain doesn't wake me up. I am currently using a mattress with 2" of foam in the construction and it makes me sweat. I'm told they don't make mattress anymore like the one that I purchased 15 yrs. ago. The mattress I'm using is a mid-firm mattress and I think firm would be better.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Have you ever tried the memory foam mattress?

Best regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since the foam makes me sweat, I believe that the memory foam would also make me sweat. Also, should I get a firmer mattress?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You did not answer my question on what type of mattress I should get for my back paid.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply and your patience, as I am researching the best beds for your back.

I agree that the memory foam mattress would make you sweat more than another type, but in recent years, after complaints regarding the heat coming off the foam, they have improved the construction and used materials that cause less sweating. If you use a mattress cover and a mattress pad on top, this should cut down on any sweating or heat coming through the mattress. However, for your back pain a Sleep Number bed may be better for you. You can make it as firm as you need and it provides complete support for your entire body, including your back. If you have back pain, a firmer mattress may be best for you, but it might be a good idea to check with your doctor or an orthopedist before purchasing a mattress. Here is more information about the Sleep Number bed: CLICK HERE

I'm sending this to you for now, but I'm still researching as I want to provide you with the most accurate answer. Thanks for you patience.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
She did not answer my question about back pain, and do not want to pay $40 again for another expert.

Hi again, Jane.

As I explained, I'm researching this for you so I can provide the best answer.

This information should be helpful:

A medium-firm mattress may be best for back pain because it will conform to your body and not put pressure where you don't want it.

Regular innerspring mattresses made with air pockets and special coils are also recommended for back pain.

If you need more information, please let me know by first clicking 'Reply' and do not rate negatively before giving me a chance to provide more information for you. There's a lot of material out there and it does take time to research.

I do appreciate your patience and hope my answer was helpful.

Best regards,