Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have a car seat related question. I have a Britax G3 car

I have a car seat related question. I have a Britax G3 car seat but am finding that it is getting too tight for my 8 month old..should I buy a new one? It's a convertible and I thought it would be good after the infancy stage as well ...I had it installed by a technician and tried loosening the cord. I believe it's at the max position and find it difficult to put it on..anything I'm missing? Product vids online dont seem to help much..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a General Specialist. I would love to assist you. I can tell you from my own experience with car seats, It is best to buy a new Car seat after the infant stage. The convertible care seats have been known to have problems because they are not actually fitted properly to the child. What I suggest is to take your little one into the store and try the Car Seat with the child sitting in it on the sales floor to be sure of proper fit, adjustments and then have the new seat installed. They have some Excellent car seats at Toys R Us and Babies R Us and the sales people can help you measure your child and get the proper fitting carseat. I have leaned over the years that the seats are made to be disposable and it is better to have a safe new seat that has been approved by the Safety Council, than to have a seat that may be dangerous to my child. Please let me know if you have further questions that I can assist you with. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any recommendations on which one to buy in that case?

The Bitax G3 is actually rated very well, but if it is giving you problems and seems too small, then you may want to look into these seats. Each has a fault, but these are the ones that seem to offer a little more.

This is one that may work better for you Evenflo Symphony DLX (aka Symphony 65 e3)

This is another car seat that has a good Rating: Orbit Toddler G2

The last one that seems to have a high rating is this one: http://www.consumersearch.com/car-seats/diono-radian-rxt-review .

As I mentioned, I would shop around and look at the ease of use, how it fits your child and comfort level and over all each seat has a rating on it, so looking at the over all rating will also help to make the final decision.

Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a way to "exchange" or trade it in?

Some of the Safety Councils in the State will take them in trade and give you a high rated seat to fit your child. I have put my car seats on consignment, but it may be worth your time to contact the Company and tell them about your concerns. When it comes to safety the companies will usually replace a car seat if there is a problem. I have found Even Flo to be one of the Best Companies along with Peg Perego and Graco. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah, Ok..never occured to me I could contact Britax! I'll try that..what does putting it on "consignment" mean?

Where I live in Florida, we have Kids Consignment Shops and I take all the clothes, toys and other items in good shape in and put them on consignment where the shop sells the items for me and they take a small commission for selling it. Many Parents who cannot afford new items, will do their shopping there and get a good item gently used for a fair price and I make a some money off the items. Joan