Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

hi please I need to find the cheapest website to reserve hotels

hi please I need to find the cheapest website to reserve hotels here in USA and international please or if I used agency office , is it much cheaper ?
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

There are quite a number of sites that list hotel reservations at the lowest cost possible. I have gone ahead and researched some of the better sites that have been reviewed by travel publications for 2013.

1. The lowest pricing in terms of reviews so far this year comes from the site It is the best known as well as offering detailed tools to locate a hotel in a given city at the lowest price online.

2. is organized to highlight last minute hotel deals and packages.

3. often can locate some good values when compared to other sites as it consistently finds solid prices and hotel deals worldwide.

As for some new sites to explore:

Budget Travel went ahead and reviewed eight of the latest sites and how budget friendly they are:,8372/

In terms of using a travel agency for booking your hotel reservations, know that according to the American Society of Travel Agents, travel agents still book 30% of all hotels. The difference between using an agency and booking online from one of the services above depends on how the agent is paid per booking. An agents fees are fairly transparent while those online can have hidden charges so best to read the fine print before booking from an online service. Agents quite often have connections to various hotel chains so sometimes discounts can be found by a connected agent.

I would recommend checking the pricing online from the various sites listed above and then inquire with a local travel agent to see if they can locate a better rate for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For short term domestic bookings, priceline with it's bidding system does very well in locating the lowest price you want to pay for a room. Same goes for international rooms. Compare the price you receive on priceline with the other two I listed but overall priceline from numerous reviews can give you the price you wish to pay.