matt50025002, M.B.A.
Experience:  Through my many years of life and learning, I have become wise beyond my years.
Type Your Question Here...

Would you be able to refer me to an online source or electronic

Would you be able to refer me to an online source or electronic document that serves a guide in writing a manuscript that any book publisher would accept for their review?

matt50025002 :

Yes I can refer you to one

matt50025002 :

After reviewing many of the the best manuscripts guides, this document is the best in showing you a step by step way of writing a manuscript correctly and accurately. The website is This will help you tremendously, let me know if you need any more help, thanks

Actually, I am looking for guide to write a manuscript for a fiction novel.

matt50025002 :

ok, let me check into this further, i will get back to you soon

matt50025002 :

For a novel, i would try this websites

matt50025002, M.B.A.
Experience: Through my many years of life and learning, I have become wise beyond my years.

The link given to you in the above answer is for formatting a manuscript, but judging from your question, I believe you are asking for the steps on how to actually write a novel, correct?

This is a good site with some useful tips on how to write a novel, plots, symbolism, characters, etc.: Private online critique groups are also a great place to improve your novel and writing. I have used them in the past for my historical fiction novel, and I have learned more from that group than I ever did from a website or book.

Also, I am a freelance editor (who has worked with publishing houses), as well as a writer, so I wanted to let you know a bit more about the actual process for submitting a novel to a publisher. It's basically impossible to write a novel that every book publisher would want to read. In fact, publishers are so selective, and their "slush piles" (submitted manuscripts) are so huge that it's difficult for a new writer to even get a second glance from a publisher.

The best thing to do is to submit your novel to a literary agent first (like a sports agent but for writers). Manuscripts submitted by literary agents to a publishing house are far more likely to be read by acquisitions editors than unsolicited manuscripts sent directly to the publisher from the author.

You will also need to develop a query letter, which is basically a letter briefly describing what your novel is about, why it would be a good fit with the agency, etc. You will also want to have a short synopsis (1-2 pages) that summarizes what your book is about.

I hope that answered your question. If you have further questions, please ask. It's been my pleasure helping you. Please remember to rate my answer positively, as rating me is the only way I receive payment/credit for my work. If you would like to request my help in the future, please post your question with "For Miranda Only" at the beginning, and I will respond.