Nora
Nora, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA, USPAP & ISA Compliant through 2017
71377891
Type Your Question Here...

I have a set of 4 George Zee nesting tables, with carving only

I have a set of 4 George Zee nesting tables, with carving only on the aprons of the tables, not on the surface. They are a light oak in color. There is a George Zee and Co, Hong Kong, metal label on the bottom of the smallest table, with a #56-37001. The largest table has a 6" crack on the surface. What is the value?
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

Your George Zee nesting tables were made in 1956, which is indicated by the “56” in the number series on the metal tag.

On today’s market, sets sell for an average high of $400 at auction. Dealers offer their sets at retail From $1000 - $1400, though how many of those sets that actually sell at that price is not known. A record auction high was $731 for a carved top set.

The crack in the surface of one table will decrease the value of the set, since it is the largest, top table, you could market your set as a trio instead of 4. On the auction market, which is effected by the slump in the global economy, a vintage Zee nesting set with smooth, uncarved tops and one table damaged, would sell for $100 - $250.

Feel free if you have further questions about your nesting table set.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Sincerely,
Nora
Hi Sharon~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, use the specific ask for expert function and please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had sent in a question inquiring about the value of a French made Bisque porcelain figurine, 12 " tall of a peasant mother with child behind her, arms about her neck. The artist's signature is Kresbach. Have you received this inquiry? Also, why do answers to old questions keep coming to me?

Hi Sharon,

I have not seen a new question posted for me in regards to a French bisque figural.

I am not sure why you are receiving answers to old questions. For that matter, you should contact [email protected] since the tech side is not one in which the experts are involved.

In the meantime, I will keep a look-out for your new question.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nora! I am still waiting to hear back from you on the French bisgue figural. It's the one I sent several pictures of with the maker's mark etc……