Ask Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS...

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P, Consultant
Experience:  Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology
72188469
Type Your Question Here...

Are the 4 digits after a zip code unique to one specific address

Are the 4 digits after a zip code unique to one specific address in the same way a certain fingerprint is unique to a certain person? Thank you.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Hello there and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am very happy to help you with your question.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The four additional digits are called an "add-on code," and are used to denote a smaller area inside the main zip code. They are used when a small area receives a large volume of mail, to make sorting and delivery more efficient.

Customer:

So they are not unique to a specific address then; 2 or more different addresses can have the same add-on code?

Customer: XXXXXnumbers for example?
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

They are not unique to two different street addresses!

Customer:

In other words, 2 or more different addresses can have the same add-on code, correct?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Yes!

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

If they are in the same area, the zip code add on can be the same.

Customer:

So the add-on code is then unique to a specific AREA then, correct?

Customer:

A specific area in a city or town.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Yes. They are used to denote a smaller area inside the main zip code. This helps the postal service. deliver and sort mail!

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem. I will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied! Please don’t forget to rate my answer as good or above so I get credit. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If a person sends a letter to someone and the street address, city, state, and zip code are all correct, but only the add-on code is wrong, will the letter still be delivered? Thank you.

Using the correct add-on ZIP Code helps to direct your mail more efficiently and accurately. Chances are the mail will still be delivered because the name, city, state, and zip. The add-on helps with sorting and delivery. The mail will reach it's destination. Just sooner with correct information!

Thank you for allowing me to help you in your time of need. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any information you may be needing. God bless!