Ask Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS...

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P, Consultant
Experience:  Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology
Type Your Question Here...

If I use my credit card to purchase gas at a gas station, is

If I use my credit card to purchase gas at a gas station, is there a way to identify which gas station I purchased from when looking at my credit card statement?
Category: General
Expert:  Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P replied 8 months ago.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Hello there and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am very happy to help you with your question.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Yes, your credit card statement will give the name and address plus the amount credited or debited to the account.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The receipt you receive will also list the cost and where the gas was purchased!

Customer:

thank you Khris

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Anything else I can help you with today? I am here to help until you are 100% satisfied with your answer!

Customer:

The statement usually gives you the city and state. Then sometimes there are numbers that indicate the actual store location

Customer:

Is there a way to know what the store location is?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The statement should give you the name of the establishment!

Customer:

Yes, but say the name of the establishment is Amoco. And there are 500 Amoco stations in that city and state

Customer:

Does the number that is on the credit card associate with a specific store?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

I see your point! Usually the number is XXXXX code to a specific store.

Customer:

yes. I think the number is XXXXX code too.

Customer:

Is there a way to know / lookup / find which code is for which specific store?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

I have seen credit card statements that list the whole address them. This is not what you receive?

Customer:

It is normally showing just the city and state, not the whole address. Sometimes it shows address, but usually not.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The only way to see if the number represents a certain store would be to contact the main office of that brand!

Customer:

Hmmm, So Amoco would know the codes that the credit card is using? Or is there a credit card lookup - what does the credit card company use to provide / lookup the information?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Amoco would have to have each store listed based on the franchise code. All of the websites regarding gas stations have a store locator section but do not have these codes advertised on them.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

How many numbers long is the code?

Customer:

hold on, let me check

Customer:

for example: Exxon Mobile 47832704 in Bowie, MD

Customer:

so that is 8 numbers

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Yes. Those are the location numbers.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so is there a way, other than calling Exxon case by case, to see or request a table that shows me the different locations and they lookup numbers?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The only way to locate or find these numbers would be to call the main offices. On a side note, When you get gas the next time. Write down the location/time/place and once the statement comes in you can see which number belongs to which franchise.

Customer:

thank you

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Anytime. I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem. I will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied! Please don’t forget to rate my answer as good or above so I get credit. Thank you!

Experience: Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology