Ask Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS...

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P, Consultant
Experience:  Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology
72188469
Type Your Question Here...

Im not sure which expert to address this to. This question

I'm not sure which expert to address this to. This question regards XXXXX XXXXX between the United States, Bali, and Australia...

In a couple of weeks I will be traveling with China Airlines to go from SFO to Bali, Indonesia and then with AsiaAir to fly from there to Perth, Australia. While at Bali, I will be staying at Aston Denpasar Hotel and Convention Center. My questions are as follows:

- Is it true, that in addition to my carry on and backpack, I can take 1 piece of checked luggage on China Airlines, without an additional fee? (It was not at all clear to me on their website). Also, how much will it be to take one checked bag of luggage on AsiaAir.

- How can I find out (or if you could forward me a list, I would so so appreciate it!) of what I can and cannot take on both of those flights. ... dried oatmeal? Dried powdered eggs whites? How many bottles of liquids, etc?

- My last two questions are about the hotel in Bali (I'm having a very difficult time communicating with them). First, will there be an interpreter at the hotel who can translate English/Balinese in case I have trouble? Last, how much would it cost to use the hotel room phone to call Perth Australia, and/or the United States.

- Yikes!!!! SORRY! I also thought it would be a good idea to just have a couple of phrases written out on a card in Balinese. How can I find someone to translate the following sentences?

"Please take me to the airport"

"Please take me to my hotel"

Thank you so so much. I appreciate your help!
Category: General
Expert:  Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P replied 10 months ago.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Hello there and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am very happy to help you with your question.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Here is the baggage information:

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/check/check_ba2-1.htm

The first class and business class allow for 1 additional bag.

On AirAsia, Each guest is allowed one piece of cabin baggage AND 1 laptop bag OR 1 handbag on-board.

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/baggage-info/cabin-baggage.page

You can contact China Airlines at:

No.131, Sec. 3, Nanjing E. Rd., Taipei City 104, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Ticketing Tel : 886-2-2545-5700
(Mon-Fri : 08:30~17:30 )
Ticketing Fax : 886-2-2514-5549
(Mon-Fri : 08:30~17:30 )
Counter Service :
Mon-Fri : 08:30~17:30

You can contact AsiaAir:

+86 20 2281 7666
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+8)
Monday to Sunday

Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+8)
Monday to Sunday

As far as your hotel question, someone speaking English should be available to help you! You can take a long a portable translator, Smartphones have apps that can do this. This way you type in what you want to say and then just show them the screen in their language.

The calling out of country question is kind of tricky because we do not know the provider of the telephone company. My experience believes the calls are not overly expensive!

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem. I will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied! Please don’t forget to rate my answer as good or above so I get credit. Thank you!

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help! Your answers are excellent! I am missing however, the part about what to take on the plane (dried oatmeal, dried egg whites, bottles of liquid, etc).

Customer:

Thank you so much for your answers, and I appreciate it. However, I am still very confused on the policy with checked baggage on both airlines. Will I be able to take a checked bag on each airline, round trip, free of charge? And if not free, how much will it cost? Thank you!

Customer:

So sorry I accidentally pressed 'Enter' before I was finished. I have an additional question for you as well... Someone suggested that I bring a photocopy of my passport with me and keep in separate from the original. I am wondering what the purpose of that will be though, since they will not accept a copy will they? So how will bringing a photocopy help me? Also, is there any reason that I can not use American cash in Bali? (perhaps the street vendors will not be able to accept, too much work to trade it?)

Customer:

Also I am not able to stay on the computer to chat, so if you can give me an answer, I will get back to the computer as soon as I can. Thank you!

Customer:

Shoot! So sorry. i just thought of another question. Is it possible to buy stamps and mail letters at each airport in each country (when I have a 2 hour layover in Taipei, Taiwan for instance)? I want to be able to send postcards to kids from each place but will not have alot of time to travel anywhere in order to do so. Thank you so much!

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The links specified should give you the dimensions, cost, and materials in which you are allowed to take via each flight.

The original passport will need to be seen at the proper locations. Bringing a photocopy of a passport can be a safety issue on more than one level but can also be helpful if the original is lost. However, I leave that to personal judgement.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Both airlines seem to allow an extra carry on of the right size free of charge. China Airlines does not in the economy class. The food you mentioned, should not be a problem unless specific countries request what and what not to have with you when traveling in and out of the country.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Most all airports have stamps, postcards, and other postal information and services.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

I trust I have answered all of your inquires thus far!

Customer:

Thank you so much for answering! Your answers are great, but I am still unsure about the use of American money in Bali. Is there any reason I wont be able to use it?

Customer:

Thank you!

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

You should not have a problem with American currency in Bali. ATMs are everywhere in south Bali. Withdrawals can be made with credit cards and some debit cards on the Maestro and Cirrus networks.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

All major currency can be exchanged at local banks also!

Experience: Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology