Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Im looking for design help. I recently purchased a condo,

I'm looking for design help. I recently purchased a condo, but there are many weird angles and interest slants/raises/drops throughout the ceiling. I'm wondering if it's better to paint everything the same color, as opposed to painting all the weird "ceiling" angles white. Can someone help me make a decision?
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Depending on your taste in terms of having something bold or just neutral would be the first choice to decide on before painting. If you feel the ceiling is a negative feature, then go with colors that are neutral as to not show off the various weird angles. If though you find the ceiling more of a positive feature, then use a paint color to accentuate it so it stands out in the room.

If you wish to go bold, then an article printed in the San Francisco Chronicle may be helpful:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/paint-irregular-sloping-walls-bedroom-27505.html

Some great ideas on working with angles and drops along with pictures and color patterns can be found here as published by Better Homes & Gardens:

http://www.bhgrealestate.com/Live/Make-Over/Color/Color-Starts-with-the-Ceiling(2).html

As a librarian, I often get patrons that come in to the library looking for ideas on home design. Recommend visiting your local public library and look over their collection of home remodeling books as great ideas can be found there. Catalog for your local library collection can be found here: www.worldcat.org