Miranda
Miranda, Editor/Writer/College English Professor
Experience:  B.A., A.S., English professor (2+ years) and freelance editor (10+ years)
75554464
Type Your Question Here...

I am writting a scriptment for a movie telling stories about

I am writting a scriptment
for a movie telling stories about school sexual life of college students .Interestingly,I got some inspiration from a film/novel…

The book “The Happy Hooker” which took the world by storm in the 70′s, with the author’s insightful commentary into the female psyche and sexual pleasures. The Happy Hooker ended her anecdotal stories with a specially poignant note. One of her more notable amorous escapades included having sex with a man who was not well- endowed. She did not realize until afterward that he only had a three- inch penis. The parable to this story? Men with small penises should keep their egos intact because in the end, ” size really does not matter…”

Although the debate about The Matter mention above is not the main subject of my story. I wish to tell a story from view of a girl(I am male)and a boy respectively,so I read this novel. My characters are classmates from highshool to college,they struggled in friendship,love,sex and money.

What do you think my idea of the film being made?Too crazy or challenging moral belief perhaps?I know Americana are more open minded than others,but I from
China and no Chinese filmmaker made this kind of film before… However I realized our culture has changed rapidly in past decade,young people becomes more freely thinking,yet misunderstood by older generations(especially matters about relationship). People are still too conservative to talk
about sexual problem we are facing in our society, I hope to
make a different.
Category: General
Expert:  Miranda replied 1 year ago.

Hello again! I'll be glad to help you with your question.

I do think a movie about sexual issues facing young people would do well in America if it is handled correctly. Movies today usually treat sex with a very cavalier attitude (in most cases), when, in fact, it should be treated with more respect and, for lack of a better word, tact. I'm so incredibly tired of watching movies where it is automatically assumed that young people, particularly college students, are sex-crazed maniacs. While I'm certain that is the case with some, it is most definitely not the case for all.

I would suggest staying away from anything extremely graphic (e.g., Fifty Shades of Grey, which will most likely end up as nothing more than smutty soft porn.). As for challenging morals/beliefs, a little challenge is a good thing, as long as it's done well. After all, there are so many problems with STDs, unplanned pregnancies, the "stigma" regarding virginity, etc., in our society that are essentially "breezed over" in public high schools (Christian schools don't even get that.) that many young people are essentially clueless about sex and its implications when they get to college.

I like the idea of seeing both a male and a female perspective on the sexual issues facing young people, but I would like to see their true perspective. What I mean by that is I'm tired of the way Hollywood portrays young men as sex-crazed jerks who want to sow their wild oats and deflower as many women as possible, and the way they portray young women as either wild sluts or prudish virgins. The "slut or virgin" issue with women reminds me of 2012's Cabin in the Woods, where the group trying to stop the end of the world needed to sacrifice five people, the only two women archetypes being a whore and a virgin, as if those are the only two types of women. How do young men and women really regard sex and its implications? That's what I think would be good to address in a film.

I hope that answered your question. If you have further questions, please ask. It's been my pleasure helping you. Please remember to rate my answer positively, as rating me is the only way I receive payment/credit for my work. If you would like to request my help in the future, please post your question with "For Miranda Only" at the beginning, and I will respond.

Experience: B.A., A.S., English professor (2+ years) and freelance editor (10+ years)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

…it is a complicate social problem. Not only for teenager pupil and young adult. If you search news there are terribles ones: Not just one case, Teacher made sexual abuse and adult on dozens of girl in junior high school. Yet students can't say to their parents,cause teacher have power to decide their scores... The criminal admited they don't have happy sex life at home, so they change their targe to innocent girls. Those old men did have matters but doing this can cause a series of bad consequence.

When the victim grew up they certainly have shadows, not difficult to imply: fear if not, extream thinking of sex life in their lifetime.Some of them will becomes main character in the novel I read.May be they can find good guys. But what behind these? What cause normal people with a respected social position turns so ugly? I learned this a worldwide problem, but female in western are rather independent and more familiar (educated )with knowledge of sex, can protect themselves better.

In China grew ups are generally openly shy or even annoyed to discuss sex. Let alone encourage and make good educate of teens. Teachers have absolute authority at school, someone with evil mind feel they can "teach" those young student. During same time those girl can't or don't know how to repulse...
I don't think this is a common problem, but such few case can cause great shockwave in society.

Students lost faith in their teacher and parent, they get sexual education from own ways: porn websites (even a 13 years old can see it, regardless the warning), adult movies, some guys from society(often not good), and young pupil just as silly or innocent as them.

School should tell them how to have positive esteem about their sex ability, such education is necessary for adults too. If they learned in right way they may get a pleasant sexual life, rather than commit atrocities on teens with no sex experience. I talked this topic with my gf early, she is more conservative but think this kind of sick should be solve.

These are only my opinion, We don't have a solid grading system, but a censorship controlled by government. My films and ideas are certainly to be banned... But I don't mind, I will make them and distribute through website, although not sure whether it would success or not.

Expert:  Miranda replied 1 year ago.

I agree. It is a terrible problem. I've heard about stories like the one you mentioned with the teacher abusing the junior high students. It's absolutely horrible, and the fact that the young girls were targeted after the creep said he didn't have a good sex life is even worse. Some people in this world are really sick.

I wouldn't generalize the people in the West's knowledge of sex too much. True, most public schools do offer some amount of "sex education," but it's often minimalistic. And students at most Christian schools and some private schools don't get any form of sex education. I can attest to this fact personally. Parents in religious families also tend to be extremely shy and hesitant to talk about sex with their children (other than a very medical, basic "birds and the bees" talk) because sex before marriage is considered a sin. Therefore, they think giving their children any real knowledge about sex is pointless because they won't need it until marriage anyway.

It's sad that many young people do have to turn to learning about sex in improper ways like you mentioned (porn, adult movies, other young people, etc.). That's why I agree that sex education is important, and perhaps it would help deter these sexual predators if they learned about sex properly at a younger age. We can only hope.

I definitely think you should make your film and distribute it in anyway you can. Even if it doesn't become a huge success, if you help just one person, it will be worth it.