Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

How do I get marshmallow stickiness out of the treads in my

How do I get marshmallow stickiness out of the treads in my shoes?
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

What a mess this must be as the stickiness would be a problem that would drive me crazy.

Researching a number of quality suggestions in order to save your shoes:

1. Since you already tried Goo Gone, taking the shoes and using a pre-treating solution such as Shout etc. Scrub using a brush with warm water and laundry detergent or dish detergent. Rinse and let dry.

2. Boiling hot water directly on the treads. Have the water completely cover the treads over a sink. Scrape with sharp object and allow to dry during the day.

3. Rub an ice cube on the sticky part until it is hard, then try scraping it away with a dull knife. Anything that is left hit with a product such as a citrus based gum removing spray.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a general specialist. My Colleague gave you some good information, but I would like to offer an alternative solution to your problem with the marshmallow. I would like to suggest using a little WD 40, lubricant. I personally have used this to remove gum from shoe treads, carpeting and floors. I am sure it would also work on the Marshmallow from the treads of your shoes. Once the marshmallow has been sprayed allow the WD 40 to break it down, wipe and then rinse with warm soap and water and it should be clean. Please let me know if you have any questions about my suggestion. Joan

Just want to add this link for you it did not post in my answer: http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-amazing-uses-for-wd-40/#slideshow=slide1

Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.