matt50025002
matt50025002, M.B.A.
Experience:  Through my many years of life and learning, I have become wise beyond my years.
75514131
Type Your Question Here...

I have been coming up with ideas and inventions for the better

I have been coming up with ideas and inventions for the better part of 20years. I have seen many of my ideas created and on TV or just run into them from day-to-day activities. I finished high school with a dozen or so good Ideas & Inventions-(I&I). Then finished college with a pure math degree. I now have dozens of them that are still valid and would be incredible I&I's.

Mine have been private for far too long. After seeing my last idea make upwards of close to a billion $'s made me and my family (the only ones who knew some of my ideas) frustrated. It made me angry, the past one's didn't bother that much but this one hit hard. Mainly because I told my family almost 2yrs ago that this was the next step in technology evolution...well, it was and is. Even though it's at it's start it won't be long before the whole world jumps in because of it's simplicity and making everything in finances etc. less complex.

My problem is that this whole time I was waiting to meet someone who happened to be an variable investor, I work in real estate. Please help, I don't know who to trust and I don't want to turn to Inventhelp or any other site because I heard they take advantage. And I don't have enough $ to get a patent attorney or a Patent; hence the investor. I've had these I&I's for years, but for the past 2 wks I can't get it out of my mind! I need to move forward. What should I do????!!!!!
Category: General
Expert:  matt50025002 replied 1 year ago.

matt50025002 :

hello, i would like to answer your question, are you available to chat

matt50025002 :

are you online

matt50025002 :

You are correct, not to turn to invent help, or companies like that, if it is a great idea and has marketability, they will try to squeeze every penny from you.

matt50025002 :

As you probably know, There are many people in the world with great ideas and inventions, that keep the idea in there heads, and never act on it. So i do congratulate you on wanting to move forward, most people are not that brave. Remember there are millions of great ideas, and most of them dont make any money, there are several factors for why that is, but the main reason is that inventors are strapped for cash, misinformed, or do not know how to market there product correctly.

matt50025002 :

I understand your main question is, that you need money, and you want to know where to get it, without someone taking advantage of you. Investors do not usually give out money to businesses or ideas that have not generated any income yet, they usually want to see that you are at least trying first, and that you are working hard on your idea.

matt50025002 :

Usually investors want to see that you put some money in your idea, before they do. So the first thing you should do is take out a line of credit from a bank, with a low interest rate, if you have good credit, this shouldnt be a problem. Try to get the largest line of credit you can qualify for, that way you can use as much money as you need. If you dont use the whole line of credit, you wont get charged interest on money you do not use.

matt50025002 :

If you cannot get a line of credit or a loan from a bank. I would ask friends and family for the money,and promise them returns on there investment. If you cant get family or friends to back you. Then either try to save up some money until you have enough to start your business. If you absolutely need an outside angel investor, i would try a site like tvausa.com, They are based in California, and they do invest in some ideas occasionally, but remember starting small with your own money first is always the best option.

matt50025002 :

Also remember that patents usually take years to become legally binding, and also even when you get a patent on an product, it can usually be copied, by just adding a little extra feature to the idea, so dont focus too much on the patent. Focus more on how your product or idea can make money and how you can market the idea correctly, so that you can maximize profit.

matt50025002 :

So in conclusion, try to borrow the money first from family or friends. Do not worry to much about the patent, and try to get your business going first, try to make money off your idea first, and investments companies will come to you, instead of you going to them, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that answers your question, please message me if you have any questions.

Customer:

I am sorry I ahve not got back to you I had to go to the store and run some errands. But to answer a couple things, each idea I have is modified to an amazing extent. What I do is I start out with a recording of a basic idea and over the course of days, weeks, or months I add several recordings to modify it. Trust me when I say that marketing is not a problem. If I had a chance, and got an ivestor to help me with a patent or prototype, I could step into any corporate office and sell the hell out of a product! You see, I have an unusual gift: I have a genius level IQ but I have the ability to simplify my mind to see all aspects of a sale. ie. When people say about an invention they just saw "It's always the stupid, obvious one's that make millions!" or "why didn't I think of that?" I'm sure you get the drift.

Customer:

But when it comes to sales I am almost unrivaled, I have worked in sales since I was 20 and EVERY sales job I have had, I not only excelled in, but shot to #1. My first job...no experience whatsoever...I was a field sales mngr within 2 weeks, and a senior mngr in a month and a half. By the 2 month mark I was promoted to Assistant District Mnger. I did that for 2 years, which included training, interviewing, and marketing for the company until my working 60hrs a week was interfering with my studying 60-80 hrs a wk for my math degree and I had to quit. My last sales job before I came to CO a year ago, I was the #1 agent in the world out of 3500 agents in just a few months out of training. Then I got promoted to a salary+comm. manager position over a year quicker than any other person had. This job included many of the same things as the previous but focused mainly on training and direct sales. Most interviewers don't believe this until they see my resume and make phone calls to my previous managers! It's the truth. Sales is my thing and coming up with products that sell has ALWAYS been my thing, even though I didn't even know it when I started in grade school.

Customer:

By the way my family has less $ then I do and I'm trying to do this for them also. Since I was so successful at sales I had about $50,000 saved up, then last year my Dad got cancer. Everything, including my time was used up to be by his side. I am now struggling for money in a $2100 /mo home by myself. These Ideas and Inventions will be the thing that will save my family, but I need to have someone to give me a chance...a REAL chance. It won't take long for them too see that I definitely have what it takes, and then some. Thank you for your consideration, with what I have said, are there any other ideas?

matt50025002 :

Well, it seems, like you have had much success, and will be successful in whatever you do. In your specific case, i think a peer to peer lender website like prosper.com would be a great chance to talk to investors, and pitch your ideas.

Customer:

Listen, I know it may seem like I wrote that stuff to gloat, but I didn't take all that time to write my sales history to to do that. If you think about it, it's the only way that I could think of that you could really understand that I have huge potential. I DO know that millions and millions of people have ideas that don't do anything after they they invest hundreds of thousands into their ideas every year...every day. Well, the difference is that these are mostly people that had a light bulb click on in their head one day and they went for it. With me it's more like a strobe light. I don't just have 1 idea or in invention, I have close to a hundred. I come up with them in a matter of seconds from when I notice a problem, then I modify it. Really, any one of them would do, but know that there are one's that are more marketable and easily invested in than the others, which I need help narrowing that down. My credit has been shot over the past year with my Dad's Cancer, so there is no way I could get a line of credit. Like I said, everything has gone into ensuring that Dad has the best treatment, etc. Isn't there any other way to put myself out there so I can be protected even if they decide not to to it?

matt50025002 :

There are some websites that do connect investors with inventors without, the inventor putting up any of there own money. I would try the website go4funding.com, they can help you. Thanks

matt50025002, M.B.A.
Experience: Through my many years of life and learning, I have become wise beyond my years.