Ask Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS...
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P
Khristopher N. Sines AACJ, BSHS/M, MS/P, Consultant
Experience:  Associates in Criminal Justice. Bachelors in Human Service Management. Masters in Psychology
72188469
Type Your Question Here...

I have been told that their is something I could put around

I have been told that their is something I could put around my house to help keep snakes away. Can anyone tell me what this is? or other option I could do for this. Reason I had a snake in my home about a week ago. Thanks

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Hello there and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am very happy to help you with your question.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Are you looking for some type of repellent or something natural?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Chemical snake repellents are available, but they can pose risks to people, pets, or the environment if they are not used properly.

Customer:

I would like to consider the one that works best, XXXXX XXXXX would like something more natural if it works

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

You can also consider building a snake proof fencing around your home or garden if other methods fail to control the snakes.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The best stuff I have seen to date would be liquid fence. Here is a link to purchase it.

http://www.liquidfence.com/snake-repellent-gal.html

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

This is a natural repellent.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I buy this locally? like a home depot?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Home Depot should be a reliable place to purchase this product.

Customer:

I think the snake came in under my shower in my main bathroom. It has a 2 foot square cut out for the plumbing. Is this something I could put here as well?

Customer:

Their is a opening here to get into my home, or the mouse has made a hole somewhere else I will have to find.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The best method would be to seal any holes and remove a snakes food source, which would be rodents.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

You may try a rodent repellent first. If no food is available, a snake will not become present.

Customer:

What rodent repellent are there?

Customer:

it was a rat snake

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Shake Away is a good rodent repellent.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

This can be purchased at a local Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shake-Away-SHK5006358-Rodent-Repellent-Granules-5-Pounds/22210927

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Non-toxic and organic!

Customer:

thinks

Customer:

thanks,

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Sure! :)

Customer:

any last suggestions ?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

I think we covered it. Remove the food source, seal any holes or cracks, repellent.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem. I will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied!
Thank you for allowing me to help you in your time of need. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any information you may be needing. God bless!