Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Was Atlantis todays Santorini? I heard that Plato wrote a

Was Atlantis today's Santorini? I heard that Plato wrote a letter to Tamarus where he mentioned Atlantis and described it as a circular city and island near the sea with a thriving civilization that escaped before a volcano destroyed Atlantis. And that if one zero is taken away from the date that Plato wrote this letter, which is what they did in those days, the only place on Earth with that description on that date was the island of Thera, which today is Santorini. Thank you for your assistance.
Hello. Nobody know for sure, and in fact nobody even know if it really existed or was a fable.

One of the closest theory i saw was shown in the National Geographic documentary "Finding Atlantis"

It may really be anywhere. One thing that always got on my mind is the Orichalcum metal (emitting red light) supposed to be light was perhaps bauxite. That always hinted to Morroco in my theory.