Miranda
Miranda, Editor/Writer/College English Professor
Experience:  B.A., A.S., English professor (2+ years) and freelance editor (10+ years)
75554464
Type Your Question Here...

volkswagen beetle: I wonder why volkswagen beetle is not so

I wonder why volkswagen beetle is not so popular in Germany compare to it is in America. Is this car making a male own rather feminine or in other word gay? I am not holding any bad oppinion of gay, but I have bought one and sometime need to drive it to pick up my girlfriend.
Category: General
Expert:  Miranda replied 1 year ago.

I'm Miranda, and I'll be happy to help you with your question.

I honestly think the new VW Beetle is so popular in America because of the way the Volkswagen car industry marketed it and the change in the car's design. The original Beetle is actually the most popular classic car in Germany: http://blog.bbt4vw.com/2013/06/09/volkswagen-beetle-is-the-most-popular-classic-car-in-germany/. However, I imagine that because the new Beetle has become so "Americanized" it has lost some of its popularity in Germany. The marketing for the Beetle is more extensive in America (they even publicized it on Oprah Winfrey's "Favorite Things"), which is another reason why it's probably more popular in the U.S.

I do not believe a male owning the car makes him feminine. Now, I wouldn't suggest buying a pink or light blue one and decorating it with flowers, but a car is simply that: a car. I'm a woman, and my car is decorated with skulls, but that does not make me macho. In fact, many of the men I know think that the new (2013) Beetle's design is cool and more aggressive than the one from a few years ago, and they would like to own one. Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself or your decision to purchase the car. Treat the car like any other vehicle, and drive it with confidence.

I hope that answered your question. If you have further questions, please ask. It's been my pleasure helping you. Please remember to rate my answer positively, as rating me is the only way I receive credit for my work.

Experience: B.A., A.S., English professor (2+ years) and freelance editor (10+ years)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think you have made a good point, my beetle is yellow and I like it very much. And the new version looks more man than the older ones. By the way I noticed that you are a writer and editor, I am curious in which field you are specialized in. I am a animation film producer and running a studio, making animated short films and feature length films. My English is ok but it is not my native language so I seldom writing scripts in English. I wonder if you were interested in what I am doing, may be we will have more common topics about entertainments. And if you dont mind I have some questions about script writing creative writing and comic/manga editing to ask.

Expert:  Miranda replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you like your car, as it's what you think about it that's important.

As for editing, I do pretty much everything (fiction, non-fiction, academic, business, scripts, etc.). I would be delighted to help you. I have an acting/directing background as well, so I do very much understand the nuances of a script.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about script writing, creative writing, comic editing, etc. Since they are different topics, you will have to start a new question for each separate topic in order to comply with JustAnswer's rules. The easiest thing to do is to submit a question to the "General" category with "For Miranda only" at the beginning of the question's title. You can also click on the link to my profile in this question. In my profile, ask me a question using the box underneath my picture, and it should come directly to me.

Thanks again, and I look forward to helping you more in the future.

Expert:  Miranda replied 1 year ago.

By looking at your open questions, I saw that you had a question posted specifically for me. However, can you please repost it in the "General" category with the "General" sub-category? It's currently listed for "Entertainment" experts only, and I currently can only answer questions in the "General" category. Please post "For Miranda only" again at the beginning of your repost. I was able to read your post (I just couldn't respond.), and I'm excited to work with you.

Thanks!

Miranda