Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

This question is for Michael, A.K.A. Librarian Michael, only

This question is for Michael, A.K.A. Librarian Michael, only because I believe he is the perfect expert for this question since this question is kind of both a general question and an entertainment question and is kind of related to politics as well as sounds like something common that a librarian might help someone look for in a library, and since Michael is an expert for both the General category and Entertainment category and majored in Political Science and is a librarian.

The question is this: I have watched both Sean Hannity and Joe Scarborough before on TV, and both of them appear to have very similiar beliefs and opinions. One would think they would be friends, or at least get along. So, why have they attacked each other before? I understand that they used to be friends. If that's the case, what put a damper in their friendship?

Thank you for your assistance.
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Thank you.

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Like yourself, I often watch the various news programs on the big three cable networks(CNN, MSNBC and Fox News). Ratings are the name of the game for each and it plays a big part of getting viewers to watch their network.

As for Sean Hannity and Joe Scarborough, both are conservative in their political thinking. Hannity is what could be described as a strict conservative while Scarborough is more of a moderate. The moderate thinking makes him a better fit on MSNBC which leans toward a progressive thinking while Fox News has a conservative way of thought. Of course each network will offer various viewpoints to mix things up.

While both Sean and Joe are in agreement in terms of political ideology, friendship can be tossed aside because of ratings. A good explanation on this can be found here from a media write-up published a few months ago from Politico:

These things seems to rotate as far as ratings go. They can go after each other like kids in a schoolyard but can team up in a year on a television show if the offer was too good to pass up. CNN has crossfire coming back on the air tomorrow so will be interesting to see how both Sean and Joe comment on this new addition to the cable news wars.
Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional