Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Is there a new trend of gifting services as opposed to tangible

Is there a new trend of gifting services as opposed to tangible goods? Say pay for a baby sitter for the date night or that sorta concept..(Any useful links is appreciated)
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

There are ideas published on gift ideas over the past year on providing other than tangible goods for the holiday season.

Here is information published that lists from last year Holiday Gift Giving Guide: Services for the home

The Dallas Morning News reported last year on ideas such as creating coupons for such services as a home-cooked meal to laundry service to a closet-cleaning, car-cleaning, or house-cleaning session.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How about stuff like paying for a doctors visit or something like that?

This idea has been brought up a few years ago by gift cards created and sold by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida:

Here is information on such as services nationwide:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are awesome! Do you have similar info about say other professional services too? Maybe Lawyers?

I would think that one would have to check with a particular legal service before seeing if something like that is available.

I was able to locate something in terms of legal services but would contact them further before paying ahead of time:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much!