Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

how do I kill choke cherry trees in alberta?

Hello, Marilee and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

It would be best to get rid of the stumps altogether, by hiring a company to grind them, and any suckers that remain from the roots, you can burn with a lighter (use a long, bbq lighter) and this should stop them from growing and kill them. It is not recommended to use any poisonous sprays (like weed killers) on the suckers, as it will seep into the ground and may kill off other of your plants/trees, or even a neighbor's, since it travels through the soil.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back without rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Please do not rate negatively if you still need information. Just click "Reply". Thank you!

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,