Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

What were the occupations of the following Biblical characters

What were the occupations of the following Biblical characters and minor prophets: Obadiah, Nahum, Malachi, Micah, Jonah, Haggai, and Habbakuk? I know that Ezra was a Scribe and a Historian and that Nehemiah was a cupbearer and that Amos was a farmer, shepherd, or something like that, but what were the occupations of Obadiah, Nahum, Malachi, Micah, Jonah, Haggai, and Habbakuk? Thank you for your assistance.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Researching your question today and from everything written on these minor prophets, it seems that little to nothing is known about their occupations since the bible did not go into detail about them (unlike other major names such as Moses etc).

Here is a good link which has details on each of the minor prophets and what possible occupation they may have had (farmer and/or herder) Most if not all are listed as priest:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can only see the link you provided up to the htm. Is there anything else that comes after the m? Thank you.

Nothing past the htm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It gives me a message saying that the page cannot be found. What should I do now?

Sorry that the link will not open for you. Computers act different for everyone and have a mind of their own it seems.

Try going into the search engine Google and type in:
http // minor prophets

The first link is the one to open.