Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am performing a piano recital at a wedding for the first

I am performing a piano recital at a wedding for the first time in a few days, what are the best techniques I can use to keep myself calm and positive beforehand?

Hello, Jak and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

You must be so excited and thrilled that you were asked to perform this piece at the wedding!

So far, you have done everything right, to try to keep yourself calm and focused beforehand. Positive visualisation is an excellent tool. Also, practice some relaxation breathing techniques and meditation. If you've never done this before, here is some additional information: Meditation

I'm sure you are confident about the piece(s) you are playing, and are practicing every day. This confidence in the music and your ease at performing, because you know it so well, will help you get through the recital without too much nervousness. You may feel a little nervousness right before you start playing, which is totally normal, but once you start playing, that's the only thing you will be focused on; you will tune out the audience, and just concentrate on your music.

I'm sure you'll be great!

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response, Cher. You were very encouraging and helpful! :)

You're most welcome, Jak, and thanks very much for your positive feedback; it is truly appreciated!

It's my pleasure to be of help to you and I wish you much good luck on your recital at the wedding! I'm sure you're quite the accomplished pianist, or you would not have been asked to perform! Laughing

Best wishes,
Cher