Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Hello, would you be able to also help with english letter proofreading

Hello, would you be able to also help with english letter proofreading for grammar
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Chris and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX we've worked together before.

Please include the letter you need proofread and I will let you know if I am able to help.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sherry,

So sorry once again for our conversation last Wednesday night. I know I caught you off guard and really came off creepy. There may be nothing I can do to repair your impression of me at this point, but I just wanted to explain the situation a little more. The way we left things has really upset me and I hate that you think of me in such a negative light, especially as it could not be further from the truth and I was having such a nice time getting to know you. It breaks my heart to know I upset you like I did.

To briefly explain more about my interest in that case let me just say I did a very poor job of explaining how and why it happened. When I worked in San Francisco my company was one hour from where the victim, Annie Le, grew up. The story was a huge local story and when it went national, my whole company was talking about it. This is where I got caught up, along with my coworkers, in the mystery of what happened and why. We were all playing armchair detective to some extent, and in doing so we got to know the details of the case as we watched it play out in the national media. I used the term obsession to describe my interest in the case, but i did not mean that literally, I was just casually referring to my following of the case, and my coworkers and I talking about it. We all became true crime junkies. When I used the term "crush" to describe my sympathy for the victim, I of course did not mean that literally. Annie Le was very sympathetic as a victim, and the crime was such a tragedy, that we all felt terrible for the for everyone involved. That is all I meant. I did not in any way mean to imply some literal crush I might have on her, or imply I had some perverted fantasy concerning her. Annie Le being killed 5 days before her wedding was a horrible tragedy, so it was hard not to feel for the her as a victim and her family. Everyone did. The mystery and our interest was born out of who killed her and why. Everyone had theories, and it was of course a huge story in the news, my coworkers and I were not alone in our following of the case and I was no different or more or less interested then thousands of other people. I did a terrible job of communicating all this last Wednesday, and I was so caught off guard once I realized I upset you I didn't know what to do.

None of this excuses me upsetting you like I did, but I just want to reiterate that I am not a dangerous guy and I do not have any perverted ideas concerning this case, and I definitely do not have any issues concerning Annie Le being Asian and you or anyone else I would date being Asian. Please remember that Yo, my girlfriend in San Francisco before the crime happened, is Asian, so I would not need to date you or anyone else to fulfill some creepy fantasy I might have of dating an Asian woman. That is not who I am. I was dating you solely because I really thought you were cool and interesting to hang out with, you loved movies and tennis, and you are attractive and smart. You as an individual.

I have never lied to you or given you a reason not to trust me. I am very honest. I may put my foot in my mouth on occasion, but I do not lie.

I am sorry for this long message, but I really wanted to clean up things one more time and explain some of what happened and it was really hurting me that you left with such a terrible and incorrect idea of who I was. The idea that maybe you thought I mislead you in some way was haunting me. The Chris you thought I was before that awful conversation is the real me. I was not hiding anything and I don't have skeletons in my closet.

I really hope you will give me a chance to talk to you again, but I will not keep bothering you with long confessions. I am not a stalker. I was, however, really excited to talk about the US Open and to share movie news. If something especially cool happens I may text you a link of some gossip I come across i.e. like Ben Affleck being cast as Batman. I know you may or may not respond.

I really loved getting to know you Sherry, and I am so sorry for that one dreadful miscommunication that derailed things.

Chris

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Chris.

Yes, I will have this revised for you shortly.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks. Please keep it intact and only correct grammar or spelling where you find it. I dont want to comepletely redo it, and would lke to keep it in my voice.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome.

I understand and will do ask you ask. I think it's well written and doesn't need too many revisions.

I will send it back to you as soon as it is completed. (no need to reply again, as I'm working on it now) : )

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

Here is your revised letter:

Hello Sherry,

I wanted to apologize once again for our conversation last Wednesday night. I know I caught you off guard and realized later, that I really came off 'creepy'. There may be nothing I can do to repair your impression of me at this point, but I just wanted to explain the situation a little more. The way we left things has really upset me and I hate that you think of me in such a negative light, especially as it could not be further from the truth. I was having such a nice time getting to know you and it breaks my heart to know that I upset you the way I did.

To briefly explain more about my interest in that case, let me just say I did a very poor job of explaining how and why it happened. When I worked in San Francisco, my company was located one hour away from where the victim, Annie Le, grew up. The story was a huge local story and when it went national, my whole company was talking about it. This is where I got caught up, along with my coworkers, in the mystery of what happened and why. We were all playing armchair detective to some extent, and in doing so, we got to know the details of the case as we watched it play out in the national media. I used the term obsession to describe my interest in the case, but I did not mean that literally; I was just casually referring to my following of the case, and my coworkers and I talking about it. We all became true crime junkies. When I used the term "crush" to describe my sympathy for the victim, I of course did not mean that literally. Annie Le was very sympathetic as a victim, and the crime was such a tragedy, that we all felt terrible for everyone involved. That is all I meant. I did not in any way mean to imply some literal crush I might have on her, or imply I had some perverted fantasy concerning her. Annie Le being killed 5 days before her wedding was a horrible tragedy, so it was hard not to feel for the her as a victim and sadness for and her family; everyone felt this way. The mystery and our interest was born out of who killed her and why. Everyone had theories, and it was of course a huge story in the news. My coworkers and I were not alone in our following of the case and I was no different, nor more or less interested then thousands of other people. I did a terrible job of communicating all this last Wednesday, and I was so caught off guard once I realized I upset you, I didn't know what to do.

None of this excuses me for inadvertently upsetting you, as I did, but I just wanted to reiterate that I am not a dangerous guy and I do not have any perverted ideas concerning this case; in addition, I definitely do not have any issues concerning Annie Le being Asian and you or anyone else I would date, being Asian. Please remember that Yo, my girlfriend in San Francisco before the crime happened, is Asian, so I would not need to date you or anyone else to fulfill some creepy fantasy I might have of dating an Asian woman. That is not who I am. I was dating you solely because I really thought you were cool and interesting to hang out with, you love movies and tennis, and you are attractive and smart. I enjoyed your company a unique individual.

I am sorry for this long message, but I really wanted to clean up things one more time and explain some of what happened because it was really hurting me that you left with such a terrible and incorrect idea of who I was. The idea that maybe you thought I had misled you in some way was haunting me. The Chris you thought I was before that awful conversation is the real me. I was not hiding anything and I don't have skeletons in my closet.

I really hope you will give me a chance to talk to you again, but I will not keep bothering you with long confessions. I am not a stalker. I was, however, really excited to talk about the US Open and to share movie news. If something especially cool happens I may text you a link of some gossip I come across, i.e. like Ben Affleck being cast as Batman. I know you may or may not respond.

Chris

__________________________________

Please let me know if you need any further help with this or if you would like me to change any of the wording. I hope it is to your satisfaction.

It is very heartfelt and sincere! : )

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much, is there some easy way for me to tell what you changed, maybe some way to mark it up? Sorry for the bother.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome!

I didn't change all that much, but I'd have to go back and put it in bold or something like that. It might take a while........

If you just read yours and mine side by side, I think it should be easy to spot the changes.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist