Norman M.
Norman M., Researcher, Lecturer and Psychotherapist
Experience:  ADHP(NC), ECP and UKCP Registered.
14727623
Type Your Question Here...

this is a houseware problem. my grandson moved to PA to live

this is a houseware problem. my grandson moved to PA to live with us as he plays triple A junior hockey. he's a goalie & his gear is leather -- gloves pads , shoes, etc ant the stench from sweat is remarkable. this is all hi end expensive gear and can't be washed regular.
i'm sure anyone in hockey s familiar with this --- any tricks

Norman M. :

There are a couple of well recommended solutions for this problem., used by many players.

Norman M. :

I see that you are still offline, so I´ll switch this to question and answer mode and leave the information ready for your return.

A solution of 10 parts alcohol to one part tee tree oil wiped on has been found to be effective, and does not damage the gear.

Some hockey equipment stores have special industrial cleaning machines (Sani Sport, they are called) that seem to work - you might try following that up.

Finally, I know it sounds odd, but try putting the smelly gear in a freezer for a couple of days. This should kill the bacteria responsible for the smell, or at the very least, stop them from multiplying.