A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Im a brunette, but got blonde highlights, and I noticed after

I'm a brunette, but got blonde highlights, and I noticed after using John Frieda's shampoo and conditioner for brunettes, there are less highlights on the right side of my hair. Can one use of this strip some of the highlights?

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to help you.

The shampoo doesn't "strip" the highlights. What is does is deposit brunette color so that the there isn't as much contrast between your brunette hair and the blonde highlights. Highlighted hair "grabs" more of the color than the untreated brunette does. You can switch to the John Frieda shampoo for blonde hair and the highlights should lighten up after several uses.

Best regards,