SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hi. I am want someone to suggest me a body scale. Id like

Hi. I am want someone to suggest me a body scale.
Id like to get a scale to measure my weight as I diet. However a lot of scales are irregular and over time the accuracy becomes off (I think).
Id like to get one that always stays accurate. Also that is not that expensive and if they could provide me with a link where I can buy it for cheap (I can get it used also)

Thankd : )
This scale was one of the highest rated scales by a national consumer magazine.

Here is another excellent option
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX physiologist and strength and conditioning specialist.

I have a fair amount of information regarding this but I wanted to see what kind of budget you had for a scale. Please hit reply and let me know the dollar amount you want to stay around as all scales are obviously not created equal.

Obviously the best one, if you happened to find one at a yard sale, or a liquidation sale of sorts is the balance type scales you see in doctors offices as they are robust and built not to fatigue. Sometimes these can be found at yard sales for super cheap, however that is usually few and far between.

Please let me know the budget you have for this item and I will do what I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there Mike. Thanks for the answer.

I want a scale aroud 40 or 50 dollars. Maybe used.

I just want to make sure it is and stays acurate.

By the way, is it part of your expertise helping someone get over heel pain?

For the price you would be looking to spend, the two scales that I mentioned should be reliable and accurate enough for your goals - monitoring weight loss.

You can of course spend much more to get professional grade scales, but in reality, most people do not need to spend this amount of money for personal use.

Another interesting option is this scale that does the weight loss calculations for you.

It would be better to post a new question about the heel pain since this is a completely different topic. You can of course request me by putting "For FamilyPhysician" at the beginning of the question.

Thank you for replying directly to me - much appreciated.

Here is the scale I strongly strongly recommend, its even less than 40 bucks. this company stands behind their product ONE HUNDRED percent. Awesome awesome company to deal with. The scale is lightyears ahead of the "cheap" walmart ones alot of people buy. The matching food scale(which will help in your weight loss goals) is equally as good if you need a food scale. I personally use one so I know exactly what I am eating.
above is the link for that. But the bodyweight scale is worth every penny, especially considering how junky walmart ones are for 20 dollars.

Also, don't waste the money on a "bodyfat" scale ever - hydration status affects this tremendously because they use bioelectrical impedance(basically resistance of low current through tissue) but even a half pound of "good" water weight loss can give an odd number.

Some things to consider for your weightloss goals - hydration. I know myself I can fluctuate up to 8 lbs a day(both up and down) if I am not good about drinking enough water. So one suggestion is to use the number as a guide BUT always make sure you are paying attention to the small changes in the mirror as time goes by. Because remember fat takes up 3 times the space as muscle does but muscle weighs ALOT more because its made up of 70+ percent water - another reason to maintain hydration.

Also, just buy the scale new - let it settle in the bathroom for a day or so before using. You don't want to buy one of these used in case a person dropped or handled it carelessly during their ownership.

If your heel pain is related to gait or something that is correctable by exercise I could help, but rules on JA say it has to be a separate question. You can post exercise questions in this same general category.

Direct any of your questions to me by using the first line "For SpecialistMichael ONLY" this way its pointed right to me.

Let me know if you need anything else. This category and the whole idea of changing a physique is very exciting to me to help people with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it.

Mike, does that scale stay accurate over time?

Do you have recommendations for me as far as dieting for weight loss or muscle gaining?

Yes it will stay accurate over time provided it is not dropped from any large height, nothing is dropped on it or abused.

Gaining muscle requires attention to diet and patience for natural athletes. Once you figure out your diet macro breakdown and what works individually for you and caloric requirements, the rest is literally just dedication to it and staying on it until you reach your goals.

If you want me to answer another question specifically related to the details of a diet like that, JustAnswer requires it to be a separate question. So I have to adhere to that rule. Direct any of your questions to me by using the first line "For SpecialistMichael ONLY" this way its pointed right to me. And you can use this link for any of your questions -

It's been a pleasure helping you as always.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist