Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How do you clean old tin childsize kitchen accessory toys that

How do you clean old tin childsize kitchen accessory toys that go with old play stoves? I am not even sure they are tin, just a very dull, tarnished grey. There are pans, utensils, pots and I would like them to shine a bit.

Hello again, Anne and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

To get a shine on these pans, etc., you can apply a very small amount of car polishing wax to the items, but make sure to wipe the wax off thoroughly after you finish buffing the items with a soft chamois cloth.

You can also try using Bar Keepers Friend, a non-abrasive powder for cleaning metal; if you don't have this in your area, try to find something similar in your store. Toothpaste may also work. Here is an instructional video and additional information for using these two products, if your pans, etc. are made of tin: Video

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,
Cher