Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking for a travel expert whom is familiar with Northern

I am looking for a travel expert whom is familiar with Northern Italy to help a group of three women plan and book a 10-day trip through Northern Italy. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but the agent does not have to be located in the Bay Area.

We're starting in Florence, and would like to see Venice, Cinque Terre, Lake Como, and/or Lake Garda. Especially interested in help with finding hotels and train tickets.

This is not a luxury trip -- one of us is a college student. We are leaving from the Bay Area on 9-6-13. We already have our airline tickets, and we are willing to pay a fee for consultation.

Thank you.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

What a wonderful trip you have planned as Italy is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I actually have a friend that is there right now on vacation and have already seen pictures on her facebook page of the Vatican as well as other places of interest.

Spent tonight researching some recommendations on travel specialists that you can inquire about in terms of planning your vacation to Northern Italy:

1. The website Travants has researched agents based on their expertise in specific activities and travel destinations, and listing them together on their site:

2. The American Association of Travel Agents lists experts for travel to Italy. I have gone ahead and listed those near the Bay Area:

One last thing I can list is what Conde Nast Traveler published a few years ago on their research on travel experts for Italy. Here is what they published:

Italy is listed on page 3:

As a librarian who often gets requests often for travel books, one that is always a recommendation is the series from the publisher Lonely Planet. Their books are quite popular and used often for travel.