Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

Hi there. Id like to buy curtains like these:

However Id like them to be black out.
The price is also important. I wouldn want to spend more than 30 dollars for it. It can also be used.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. The basic design of these curtains are "tab top". So if you look for "blackout tabtop" panels, you will get a wide selection. I have a sample below of various sizes that are within your desired budget.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael.

Thanks for the answer.

I just forgot to mention the size: 55x98 (that is the size of the one of the ikea site that I have however are not blackout as I wish).

Do you know anything close to it?

I was able to find some at that price that were grommets at the top vs. the tab tops:

These are IKEA, but I cannot tell if they are Tab Top... the price is certainly very good. Current bid is under $3 for the pair and they are new!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a lot Michael.

Just for future reference, what are your areas of expertise so I know when to request you.

Thais, my main areas of expertise are electronics and computers. But I also enjoy researching just about anything (in fact, I'm usually very interested in researching the things I don't know about yet). So I would consider internet research one of my strongest talents. If it doesn't fall into a specific category here, (since I'm not a lawyer or a doctor), I can almost always provide you with great information. If not, I'll be candid about it.

Please feel free to ask for me any time. You can request me at this link:

Thank you very much! Do let me know if you ever need anything.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael. How you doing?

I've had a problem. I bought one of the black out curtains you suggested and received them. But they are way too short.

They need to be 98' height. I'm going to return it.

Could you provide me with some options that size : )?

I'm sorry about asking once again

It's certainly not your fault. I apologize.

I will do some more looking and find the correct size for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much, Michael!

Thais, what I keep finding are the Ikea Grommet Blackout Curtains which are very nice, but a bit over your budget from IKEA (they are supposed to be $69, but I was able to find this link to them at IKEA for $49). I know it's more than you want to spend, but since they are new from IKEA and extremely stylish (and it's something I would jump on if I happened to be in the market for curtains!), I thought it would be worth sending for you to look at. You can select any color in the dropdown. I will keep looking for something lower in price, however.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael. For some reason I couldn't open the site.

The reason I dont want to spend a lot is because I have 4 windows.

They could also be used or refurbished.

Thanks : )

You can try this link directly:

I am also keeping my eye out for used/refurbished. I've looked quite a bit, but they have been very difficult to locate.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike. Unfortunately I got screwed over this time. I realized the ebay seller doesn't take returns.

I specified to you in one of my replies that the height was 98' thats why I didnt even check cuz I trusted it.

I am not here to complain. I just wonder if you could really help me find the curtains I am looking for. I am not in a rush. And please before they close the question.

I could not open the link you gave me. I tried different devices. It opens the ikea site but it sayd there is an error.

Thanks once again

Yes. I am still looking. Which one did you order? The one that I thought was a great deal on eBay was listed as the correct size when I looked at it. I don't think they should be allowed to refuse returns. That's pretty bad business in my opinion.

I have not stopped looking. I have some alerts set up to notify me when listings become available.

I don't know why the IKEA link won't work for you... I checked it again an it still works for me. I will see if there is another way to get to it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike.

I bought the ebay ones (the one thst ships from New Jersey).

Their return policy says they don't take returns.

Do you know when they will close the question?

Oh... Ok. I was thinking of the one from Illinois.

The question will remain open indefinitely, technically... even if it says it's closed, you just have to reply to it to make it active again. I've had people reply to me over a year after the original question, so you don't have to worry about that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome. I will let you know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there. Any luck?

I thought you were not in a rush. I apologize, buy there is nothing new today. Your parameters on size type and budget mean that there will only be an occasional find. I haven't seen a price on them under 30 since the last eBay curtains for a few dollars. Its too bad you missed that one because it was the right size. As I said, I will continue looking, however I will only update you when I find something that is worth your time to look at. I won't be replying to tell you I haven't found anything. Please be patient. This may take a long time. If time is an issue then I would recommend a change in the budget.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Mike! Gotcha.

So lets do 35 doars budget with shipping.

Thanks : )

Thais, you are too good to me. Don't spoil me like that!

OK... $35 is still aggressive. But I know it can happen because I have seen them lower than that. I am keeping my eyes peeled. It is mostly waiting for one to be listed. When that happens I will be alerted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sweet : )

I have to get the last word so I know if you reply. I will let you know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike : ).

Ok.. so I am willing to solve this as soon as possible.

One option would be getting a cheap 98' curtain like the ikea ones and get really cheap black out liners to clip onto the back of the curtains.

The other option is to get higher in price with my budget.

Could you help me with this?

I promise for the next questions I wont be this complicated : )

If you wanted to increase your budget, I think it would be much easier to resolve. That really is the thing that is not matching what you are looking for. These just isn't a really big market for used curtains. Bur you can get new blackout curtains even for IKEA for about $50.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds great.

Do you happen to have the link to that?