Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Can anyone tell me how to get dried tree sap off of car windows?

Can anyone tell me how to get dried tree sap off of car windows? It is interfering with the operation on of the electric window and will not come off with regular window cleaner. Thanks
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Various recommendations from detail car people online as to what to recommend in order to get that nasty tree sap off your car windows.

One recommendation that appears to be written about more than once is to use dish soap and a single edge razor blade (held nearly flat against the surface of the window). Use the dish soap straight out of the bottle as do not dilute with water. The soap leaves a thin film between the surface and the razor which will allow the blade to slide very easily over the sap.

The folks at have a good demonstration on using cleaning products as well as the blade to get the sap off: