Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

I want to take an online course about Ontology (Specifically

I want to take an online course about Ontology (Specifically related to Information Science). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontology_(information_science)
I want to enroll in this course to learn the basics for document/records/information management activities. The course can't require that I enroll in a degree program; that would be too expensive. My start date and time is flexible.
Can someone help me find courses that match this? I live in southern Wisconsin.
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't mind waiting. The answer to this question should be helpful even if It takes a long time to get an answer. Thank you, Mike.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Josie, you can perhaps assist me in another manner. Can you tell me how much this question is worth to the expert who accepts it? I often wonder if I should pay the experts a bonus. Since I pay a monthly subscription fee there is no built-in feature to offer a bonus until after they have already answered (or not answered) my question. Also, if I ask 10 experts per month for help will they get paid less than if I ask only 1 expert for help per year?
I am essentially trading my money for the expert's time. But, this is hard to do when I don't know how much money the experts receive.
Thanks for any answers or any links to pages that might help me better understand.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello:

Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a Customer Service Representative will contact you via email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I will watch my email for more information.

Thank you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I wrote before, I don't mind waiting. The answer to this question should be helpful even if It takes a long time to get an answer.
Thank you, Mike.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Mike, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you with your question. I understand what you are looking for and I know that it can be difficult to find this specific information online - especially in course form. I don't know what your level of knowledge about the topic is so far, so I will start with recommending an online course with which I am familiar. It consists of several one 60-90 minute lectures and would be considered an introductory course. It's not specific to Information Science, although I don't know as though there are entire courses with a focus that is that narrow. A big benefit is that the course is free. I will give you the link to this, and then if you want additional resources, just let me know.

http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/blogger/2010/07/15/barry-smith-short-course-online-an-introduction-to-ontology/

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael, the information you posted looks very promising. I will look at the videos next week, and then I wiil let you know if they help.I appreciate your answer!Have a good weekend, Mike
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
It's a very interesting topic and I would love to know how you make out with it. It's a subject that many people have never heard if, yet vitally important to the way we live and consume information. It's a fascinating perspective.

Please remember to rate my level of service when you have a moment. It will not change our ability to communicate.