Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

What is Gods real Name? Is it Yahweh? Is it Yah? Is Jesus

What is God's real Name? Is it Yahweh? Is it Yah? Is it something else? Is Jesus Christ's real Name really Jesus Christ? Or is it Yoashua? Or is it Yahoshua? Or is it something else? Is it true that the real Names of God and Jesus Christ were blotted out from the original manuscripts through the years from the time of the original manuscripts up to the time that the King James Version Bible was written? How can one know on who they can trust to tell them the truth on something like this? Is it true that the letter J did not come into widespread usage until after the year 1630 A.D.? If we go back into history, is the letter J one of the newest letters in the alphabet? If we go back further in time, is it true that there is not a letter J or J equivalent nor J sound in the Latin, Greek, or Hebrew languages? I believe more than an internet researcher is needed for this one, for the internet can give you 10 different opinions from 10 different people on a topic like this. This might require an expert with many years of experience as an archeologist and scholar of ancient manuscript scrolls and such or something like that. Thank you for your assistance.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need assistance from one of your professionals. I will continue to wait.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will continue to wait.

Hello. That remind me of the crumbling floor scene in Indiana Jones and the last crusade :)

The oldest name recorded of "that" God (because in many other country it was a totally different thing) was El.

When Moses got his meeting with "that" God, he introduced himself to Moses. He said something along: "i am who i am". Check that article to get all the juicy detail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton

The reason why he did not said something like Todd or Robert is because the whole idea of that God is to be one (compared to polytheist religion, that have a whole pantheon of gods). You only need names to differentiate many parts of a set.

You may also notice that God name is XXXXX XXXXX a description than a name itself. He name himself by his "purpose" or "function" rather than as a unique arbitrary identifier. That is why you may also sometime see that one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting