Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Hi. I am looking to advertise my Spanish-English translation

Customer Question

Hi. I am looking to advertise my Spanish-English translation services to attorneys. Could you provide me a list of a dozen or so publications where I could advertise for under USD 100? Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

Reed
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josie,

No, I haven't found an answer. I appreciate you searching for an expert. Thanks.

Reed
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Angela. Please keep looking for a professional as this is an important matter to me. Thanks!

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

I have marked your question high priority and you’ll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Michael. I can help you with your question. For the most part, the Internet will be the way to go to get the most bang for your buck. If you have or can create a simple online presence to direct potential customers to, that will open a great deal of opportunity for you. The best way to do this to a large number of people in a certain profession (such as attorneys), is to do your own targeted advertising. And what attorneys make the best customers? The ones that are already looking for what you offer - no matter what it is, at any given moment, there are attorneys looking for it on the internet. Before going anywhere else, I would suggest taking a look at Google Adwords wich allows you to advertise to specific demographics, in specific areas, on specific types of sites, etc. You can get as granular as you want to get, administer your advertising in one place, and ONLY pay for the people who click on your advertisement. You have nearly limtless options and I think you will find that one such service will provide you all the marketing you need. But there are others which I will provide you as well. Most of them work on the same concept - you define who you want your ad to show up to - if you want it to be as specific as "personal injury attorneys in New York and California between the ages of 35 and 40 who are females"... and you want to pay 5 cents for each one that clicks on an ad (even if it means your ad is show a million times for one click), you can do that as well. You can advertise on sites, or in search results - it's far less costly and more effective than just about any other form of advertising, especially on a limited budget because you are guaranteed results. You are the one that decides what result you are going to get and for what price. In fact, I have liinks for some of them that will start you off with $50 or so of free advertising to get you familiar with it. $50 of advertising on one of these services is a lot of advertising, so take advantage of it. I would suggest doing one at a time so it doesn't become overwhelming. If I haven't included a link to free advertising with signing up, then search for that before signing up - almost all of these services offer some sort of new customer promotion. Here are some of the sites that allow you to do that.
Google Adwords
Google Adwords Promo (spend $25 and get $100 credit)
Facebook Advertising
LinkedIn Content Marketing (this one is a fairly unique approach)
Bing Ads ($50 free advertising)
Yahoo! Small Business Marketing ($75 free with sign up)
Ask.com Advertising

There are several more so let me know if you want additional options.

Also, here's a link to a good site to advertise directly to attorneys and I believe you can get listed there for free:
Claims Pages - Get Listed

If you look to the right, you'll see th small display ads on their main page.

Please let me know if you have any questions, either now or when you get stared with the advertising. In my experience, what I have provided is by far the best option for advertising with a small budget and it's the absolute best place to start. If you think otherwise, let me know and I will adjust the information accordingly. I want to make sure you are comfortable with the suggestions I provide.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. They are very helpful. It is so easy to take the wrong path and waste money when advertising. I'm going to start off with these links and your suggestions and then I'm going to come back with more questions. I'm definitely looking forward to more of your good advice. Thanks again.

Reed

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I appreciate it. Any time you have questions just let me know.

I completely agree with you. As badly as I feel about print and local media declining over the years (I uses to be a broadcast engineer back in the day), it's very risky and just not a good value today for most to advertise through traditional mediums. A very good friend of mine who performs marriages recently advertised in a narrowly targeted newspaper where even I thought it was a great idea. He paid for four consecutive weekly ads... About $600. What he charges for a ceremony seems redicukously little to me, so I thoight he would get a lot of business. He didn't receive a single phone call! That confirmed for me that it wasn't practical to do that any more... A targeted newspaper add in the Boston market... And when I say targeted, I mean that, because of the recent timing of marriage laws changing here and advertising specifically to those who could now get married... I didn't understand the lack of response. I even checked to make sure he didn't it the wrong number in the add or something.

When you compare that to what you can do online now.. And even with mobile ads... Where you know up front you are going to pay, say 50 cents for every person that hits that call button and calls you... There's no comparison and essentially no risk. Its a great model and the small guys can benefit.

Someday if you are interested we can talk about how you can drive organic traffic through search to your site or page. I get about 20,000 unique visitors per month on my blog and I don't pay a penny for advertising!