Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience:  B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 7 yrs tax preparation.
9660727
Type Your Question Here...

What pieces make up the Palissy Black Prince dinner set? I

Customer Question

What pieces make up the Palissy Black Prince dinner set? I would like to know which pieces I have not got yet.
Thankyou.
Carole
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Josie,

yes please continue looking for me. I'm interested to know whether there are slat & pepper shakers, egg cups etc. as well as the range of plates, bowls that have been made in this pattern.

Regards, Carole.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please, keep searching.

Thankyou very much.

Regards,

Carole

Thank you for your continued patience. I have marked your question high priority and you'll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Expert:  Jesse Handel replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for coming to our website. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your questions. I will be happy to try to find the answer to your question. If you have already answered your question from another source or if you aren't interested in having your question answered any more for some reason, please let me know. I will have to do some research to find as much information about your dinner set as I can, so I will try to have an answer for you sometime tomorrow. If this isn't acceptable, please let me know. Your question specifically mentions the dinner set, but a few sentences I read in one of my research sources seemed to indicate that there might possibly have been tea sets made in the Black Prince pattern. If my research does confirm that there were tea sets, would you like the information about the tea set as well as the dinner set?

Thank you for any additional information that you can provide and for giving me the time to thoroughly research the answer to your question. If I can't complete my research tomorrow, I will notify you and give you an estimate of when I can provide an answer. If I run into a dead end, then I will also notify you of that and provide the information that I was able to gather. Either way, I will either provide an answer tomorrow or let you know the status of my research and provide a new time estimate.
Hello again. I am sorry to report that I have been unable to find any credible information about Palissy's Black Prince dinnerware set. I have found information about other pieces of stoneware from the Black Prince line and I have also found information about tea sets with the Black Prince design.

I am sorry that I couldn't answer your question and I will opt out in hopes that another expert can provide the information you are looking for. If you are interested in the information I have found about the other pieces with the Black Prince design, then you can post a message to that effect and I will post the information as an answer. You can also post another question with a lower price, addressed to me, and I will provide the information that I have.

Thank you for giving me a chance to answer your question and I hope that another expert can provide the information that you are looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jesse,

Yes please if I can have the information that you have found on the other pieces and sets with the Black Prince design. I can see that it has been hard to find this information, I have been trying to search the internet for over a year and have not found much other than the pieces that I have purchased through eBay.

Regards,

Carole

Hello again,

I wasn't able to find much information on place settings. I found listings for dinner plates (up to 3 in a single listing), a cake stand, a meat plate or platter with a ridge to collect liquids, and a gravy boat; all in Palissy's Black Prince pattern. In the Black Prince pattern, I have also found a tea set with tea pot, sugar bowl, milk jug, and 3 tea cups with saucers. Also in Palissy's Black Prince pattern, I have found a coffee set with a coffee pot (taller and slimmer than the tea pot which had the usual round squat shape) with 4 cups with saucers. I couldn't tell from the pictures available whether the cups and saucers with the tea set were the same or different from the cups that are being sold with the coffee set.

I'm sorry that I couldn't find the specific information that you were looking for on dinnerware.

You have options on how you would like to proceed with your question. You can accept my answer to this question and it will close and I will be paid. If you choose that route then I will be happy to continue working with you if you would like any additional information and I will post any additional information that I may find in the future to this question. Or, I can opt out of this question and allow another expert to add further information to it, if any other experts have information. Or, you can accept this answer and open another question with a new price on it. If I opt out of this question or if you open a new question, we can try to move it to the antiques category and see if there are any experts in that category that might have further information. I'm not sure why the moderators that spoke with you while you were waiting for an expert to answer your question didn't suggest moving your question to the antiques category; but given how long you waited for an expert in the general category to help you, I don't see why you wouldn't have a better chance to find more information in the antiques category. The moderators may not have suggested moving your question to the antiques category because some of the categories have a higher minimum price for a question than others and the price you offered for your question may have been below the minimum price for the antiques category (I'm not sure because I almost never see the site from the customer's point of view, unless I'm asking a question of my own.) It might be better for you to open a new question and send it to the antiques experts because if there is a minimum price for an answer, you will receive that information when you open your question.

I have enjoyed working with you and I'm sorry that I couldn't give you the exact answer you were looking for. I hope that you can find the information you need and I wish you all kinds of luck in your quest for the elusive Black Prince complete dinner settings. Have fun searching! Often, the harder the quest, the more valuable the prize and the more satisfaction you receive from having succeeded.
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience: B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 7 yrs tax preparation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou for your searching, I have most of the items that you have spoken about and am very pleased with your research. I may in the future re-post the question and pay a larger fee. You are right in saying that the pattern is elusive. The listings on eBay are few and usually they are pieces that I've got - dinner plates!

once again, thankyou.

Regards Carole

Thank you very much for your approval. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I find any additional pieces in the future. I hope that I will have a chance to work with you in the future.