Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have a mango tree this is the first time it bore fruit but

I have a mango tree this is the first time it bore fruit but the fruit has black spots on the sead what could be the problem

Black spots on the seeds of Mangos can indicate the seed is rotting from the inside. You will notice the spot starts on the side of the seed where it is smooth end and there was no stem. Mangos can rot from the skin, the fiber inside or the seed/pit. It depends on the ripening process. I grew up in Fl, where my parents had Hayden Mangos and remember some problems they had with the mangos. If the problem is occuring with all that you open there may be a problem with conditions of the soil, too much water, or with the tree. If this is what you are seeing with all the fruit, it may be wise to have an Arborist check out the tree for possible causes. Joan