Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Im driving to Colorado tomorrow and trying to find current

I'm driving to Colorado tomorrow and trying to find current info on wildfires. I can not find current information from google searches etc. I've heard there are 4 large forest fires and want to avoid travel anywhere effected by the fires. I would not want to be downwind dealing with smoke or travel to an area that many people have evacuated to. Everything I find online is weeks old. Any info or links to current accurate information is appreciated.

Hello, Darius and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

This site should be of help: http://topics.9news.com/wildfires

***If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help you further.***

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for the link. However it is dated July 20th. I am traveling from San Antonio Texas to Colorado for vacation. Destination in Colorado is unknown. But I just became awrare of many fires in Colorado. I'm amazed I can not find up to date info on these fires. It seems the main highway I would travel on may be effected either due to smoke or fire. I'd rather change my destination to another state then end up in Colorado unable to find lodging because other travels and people being evacuated have filled up all the lodging. I can not even tell if this is very widespread or something I could manage to avoid. I did just find as of today many people are evacuating to Oklahoma City Oklahoma. Which kinda implies places to stay may be limited. Any other info you can offer would be much appreciated.
Hi again, Darius and you're most welcome!

Thanks for your reply with additional information.

Please allow me a short while to find more information on this situation for you.

Thank you,
Cher
Hi again, Darius and thanks for your patience.

I hope this helps, from NOAA:

http://www.noaawatch.gov/headlines/fire_wx.php

I clicked on the first link:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/fire_wx/fwdy1.html

From the research you've done and the current information you have, it might be best to choose another destination for your vacation. Go to http://www.weather.com/, put in the zipcode of the area you will be travelling to, and see what the conditions are there (other than Colorado or you can include a specific city in Colorado, too).

The AAA (Auto Club of America), if you are a member, can also give you some good tips and ideas of a route you could take to CO or another destination.

I wish you much good luck and hope your vacation is great!

Warmest regards,
Cher