Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Do homeowners who store unused refrigerators on their property

Do homeowners who store unused refrigerators on their property have to do anything (in the form of locking them) when they just push shut and do not 'latch' where a child could be kept from getting out if they did crawl in?

Hello, Jeff and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Yes, homeowners who store unused refrigerators on their property need to either remove the locking device and/or hinges from the door (remove the door altogether) or place a locking device on the refrigerator door which is childproof, in order to avoid disasters with children crawling in and not being able to get out.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If my answer was helpful, a Positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,