Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Vacation travel Flo Keys authentic, shacky ground floor;. I

Vacation travel Flo Keys authentic, shacky ground floor;. I need to find a pet friendly house on the water with at least room for 6-7,, water front or water view within steps to fish or swim. (no pool needed and maybe no internet either)..3 frail elderly but they can walk ok, NO wheel chairs yet. I have a small poodle and a med quite dog,
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It sounds like you are in get ready to have quite a lot of fun! I've put together a search of 45 rentals that are pet friendly, have a water view, and will sleep at least 6 people. I see some rentals there that have me thinking about going myself, actually... the one on Long Key - Ocean Front, private island....ahhh.
Here you go... take a look here and let me know if you have any questions:
http://www.tripadvisor .com/VRACSearch?bathroomsAlt=&onlineBookableOnly=&pricePeriod=d&l1currency=USD&l1price=min%2Cmax&suitability=4&tab=TAB_LIST_VIEW&firstVRs=&advancedTab=&outDay=&token=585a05200fa29a5bedd61de9686740c7&accomType=0&outMonth=&inDay=&geo=34340&sortOrder=popularity&sleeps=&pid=32340&geoPage=true&amenity=0&bedrooms=-1%2C30&special_amenity=0&inMonth=&childGeos=0%2C1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C7%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13&checkIn=Check+in&vrMapToggle=reg&checkOut=Check+out&searchAll=true&q=Florida+Keys%2C+Florida%2C+USA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will they take a 7th in a sleeping bag?....Did you take a peak at those places? Were they condo style or small shacky type places? I need private type places....Did you see the trailer type place?

Most of them are actually homes - that's why I searched for 6+. You can narrow it down further to 23 locations if you do a search that will sleep 7+. These are individual rentals so in most places, you can put twice that number of people in it, just not comfortably. So, yes, the number it sleeps in this case is really only a guide for your information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you notice if they were shacky type places or nautical type? Or ritzy high end homes? Just can't check myself at the moment
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

They actually have both. I would consider the one that I like on the private island to be "shacky". I will try to show you here:
Charming Ocean Front Cottage on a Private Island!
This photo of Charming Ocean Front Cottage on a Private Island! is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.. I am finally following up on this and I can not find the 45 properties that yo ufound.....I get a list of 244 properties

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it does not save the search...I got 247 properties when I opened the link...

im going ot use an agent if they exsist anymore...lol..I just don't have time

I must say, that is a little strange. And I see the same thing now when I click on it.

As for agents - I think they still exist. It's funny you mention that because I was just asking a friend of mine if people still use cell phones to make calls. Interesting how things change around us over time. I will try to boil this down to a couple extra clicks so you can get what you need, just in case agents are a thing of the past.

Once you get to the page, Click Advanced:
graphic

Then select the number of people you need it to sleep. You can also make any other filters you need:

graphic

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i booked a few nights at a marina,,,,but for my knowledge,,,where is "Advanced" listed?

If you open the screenshot that I put in the above message you will see where I have circled it in red - it is in the upper right, down about two inches from the top.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about if u can find vacation travel agent that finds places in the fl keys ?? The place I booked has no pool and they just told me the beach is not for swimming!!??? My elderly parents wanted to stroll in the water... I'm going to try cancel and find a place with marina and beach