Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

The front door 0f my house faces my worst Feng Shui direction;

The front door 0f my house faces my worst Feng Shui direction; can I locate a second door on the other side of the house? It would face the back yard, but if that will still be a Feng Shui cure then the cost of construction is worth it.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Stephen and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

If you can place a second door on the other side of the house, your best Feng Shui direction, and the cost of construction isn't a problem for you, then that would be the best solution. The second door overlooking the back yard is fine, if you don't mind walking around to the back of the house to enter. However, make sure that the current front door and the new front door are not directly opposite each other, as this would not be good Feng Shui.

If you are keeping the original front door but you would never use it yourself, it will not pose a new problem, because you will have designated the new front door as the one overlooking the back yard.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a Positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to add that I have not actualy purchased this house, and that there is extensive damage to the interior! Is it better to not buy it in the first place?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Stephen and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted back.

Considering that you do not yet own this house and there is extensive damage to the interior, perhaps it would be better to continue searching for a house that will require less renovation and with a front door that faces in your best Feng Shui direction, then you will not have to build another door in this house, and you can enter/exit through the front door. Keep in mind when you are househunting, that it is not good Feng Shui to have a front door and back door completely facing/opposite each other.

If my answer was helpful, a Positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

Warmest regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist