Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

Military memorabilia. I was on a submarine in the mediterranean

Military memorabilia.
I was on a submarine in the mediterranean in late 1966 and early 1967. We operated a various times with an aircraft carrier. I'm writing my memoirs and can't remember the name of the carrier. Does anyone have access to data that would show which carriers were in the Med. during that time.?

Hello, George and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can you tell me the name of the submarine?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

USS BLENNY SS324

Hi again, George and thanks for that name.

I'm researching this for you and will post back when I get the information.

Best regards,
Cher
Hello again, George and thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry, but I was unable to find this information, so I will allow other experts to help you.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Cher

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a General Specialist. I have found a link with Various Ships and Carriers that operated in The Mediterranean at the time that you were there. This link may help you since it lists the Cruise Books and some of the ships commissioned during the years you are looking for: http://navysite.de/cruisebooks/

The USS Shangri-La (CVA 38), USS Independence (CV 62), the USS Saratoga (CV 60), USS Nimitz (CVN 68), are ships on the list that show Mediterranean cruise 1966-1967. I hope this information is helpful. If it is not, please let me know and I will try and locate another Expert who will be of more help. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.