Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

On a video celebrating the birth, today, of Prince William

On a video celebrating the birth, today, of Prince William of England and Catherine's child, there was champagne being served in a bar and the bartender serving it, spilled it on the counter or bar on purpose, poured a little on the bar next to the glass, then filled the glass, he had four together and did that with another one. What is the significance of that? What does it mean? Is it to make someone feel comfortable or is it something new being done? This was for people at the bar celebrating the birth of the child, the Prince of Cambridge.

I'm Donna and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Donna~Moderator

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can keep waiting. Thanks. I think it was an English bar.

Hello and welcome. It was a kind of toast for the occasion. The spilling is often made to the ground because a person is dead and can no longer drink, in this case it was because the person was not in the room (the baby boy). It is usually to show respect and to wish for what is said at this time (usually a good life).
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting